A Necessary Preventive Dentistry Solution
Dental cleanings are one of the most common dentistry services available. They are key to maintaining optimal oral health. Dental cleanings are recommended twice a year by physicians, during which you will receive a thorough physical exam and cleaning of your mouth. This combined with preventive dentistry measures such as maintaining good brushing and flossing habits can keep you from needing extensive dental work in the future. While visiting your Reno dentist may be daunting to some, it can help prevent you from needing more serious dental work in the future.
Dental Teeth Cleanings
There are two essential parts of your teeth cleaning appointment. To begin, your dental hygienist will examine the teeth and gums for potential problems or concerns. Depending on your dental and medical history, your dentist may also require X-Rays at this time. Next, your hygienist will remove plaque and tartar around the gum line and teeth using special dental instruments. Once the tartar has been completely removed from the teeth and gum line, the teeth will be polished with a high-powered brush. Lastly, your hygienist will floss in-between each tooth and have the doctor come in for a quick assessment.
At this time, your dentist will also demonstrate proper brushing and flossing techniques that will help you maintain your healthy, bright smile. Keep in mind that each tooth should be individually brushed in a circular motion for at least 2 minutes, twice a day. Also, don’t forget to brush your tongue to help remove bacteria and be sure to floss at least once a day in between each tooth!
Benefits of Regular Teeth Cleanings
There are several benefits to getting a professional dental cleaning done. If you have dental coverage, then preventive dental care is likely available to you. Here are some reasons you should take advantage of getting dental cleanings:
- This process removes a majority of the stains and discoloration that dulls the look of your teeth. In return, you get a whiter, brighter smile instantly.
- Prevents gum disease which can lead to early tooth loss. Can also limit the effects of existing gum diseases such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
- Dental cleanings have also been linked to improved overall health and wellness. Many of your symptoms may be related to your oral health, so it’s crucial to keep up with it to prevent further problems.
- Can also reduce the risk of cardiovascular issues such as a stroke or heart attack.
- Will save you money by utilizing your dental plan. Rather than paying for costly repairs and fixes after you encounter a problem with your teeth, you can prevent any issues from occurring in the first place. This saves you time and money!
- Serious cancers, infections, and other gum diseases can be detected early on and the effects mitigated accordingly.